Friday, May 9, 2008

Dreaming of...

I've been toeing the line between sickness and health these last few days and taking all sorts of Chinese medicine. I may have contracted a light case of salmonella, if such a thing is possible. That's what I get for eating two-week-old chicken out of the fridge on Wednesday.

Unrelated, I had the strangest dream last night, involving the most vivid assortment of characters from my life. I was back in high school and wondering how to get to my next class. From history, I believe. Or another course like math (which I was flunking). Faces of old classmates whose names I've forgotten. New York friends sitting next to Kansas friends at a lunch table, bidding me stop as I walked past. And in the next instant I was in an imaginary world, just off a ship. I'd stepped into my adolescent conception of an alien planet, figures drawn in shorthand using an oxygen mask and a backpack to signify "not human." These figures were real now, with a culture and a past and a future that may or may not have involved imminent warfare. It was frighteningly real. I woke up a little confused.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

牵住全面推进改革发展的牛鼻子升降平台 铝合金升降机 液压机械 升降台 数据恢复安信信托等多家公司预告三季度业绩 升降机 RAID数据恢复 北京心理咨询 统一思想突出重点扎实推进确保实效 服务器数据恢复 液压升降机 无缝钢管 中粮等葡萄酒商起诉商评委解百纳之争悬而未决 博客 升降机 Google排名 网站优化警醒学术腐败就要各打五十大板吗 心理咨询 升降机 升降平台 高空作业平台 升降机 升降平台 无缝管 《剑蝶》打造"偶像版"《梁祝》升降平台 弹簧 升降机 升降平台 登车桥 升降机升降机 阿里巴巴:帮助中小企业“过冬”
同声翻译 同声传译 会议设备租赁 同声翻译设备 文件柜 论文发表 同声传译设备租赁 同声传译 表决器租赁 更衣柜 论文发表 会议设备租赁
“番茄门”事件搅成番茄酱

“番茄门”事件搅成番茄酱Gas Alarm,Gas Detector,Breathalyser,Breathalyzer,Alcohol Tester,Co Alarm.Breathalyzer Alcohol TesterGas Alarm Breathalyser Co Alarm Gas Detector Co Detector Alcohol Tester

陈锡文:三农声中说“三最”Cheap WoW Gold, World Of Warcraft Gold,the best WoW PowerLeveling and other MMORPG Power Levelingwow gold wow gold wow gold 电子商务十年磨一剑磨刀霍霍向明天